Volunteer at Woodhaven
For those with some spare time, numerous volunteer opportunities exist. Call Director of Life Enrichment Debbie Kucharski for details.
Volunteers typically commit to anywhere from one to four times per month. These volunteer opportunities can range from 20 minutes to 4 or 5 hours, depending upon your level of interest and the activity selected.
Volunteers can select from:
- Concierge and Receptionist: three hours in the morning or three hours in the afternoon (meeting and greeting visitors)
- visiting one-on-one with room bound residents, taking them music, art or aroma therapy or reading to them or writing for them
- helping with monthly birthday parties and other theme day events
- accompanying residents on outings to concerts, picnics, shopping, touring, sight seeing, etc.
- decorating the home for seasonal events and holidays
- leading sing a longs
- conducting Bible studies
- hosting travelogues
- leading discussions about places, current events, book reviews, long ago, etc.
- assisting with arts and crafts or baking
- performing for the residents, often with music or acting (this works well for youthful volunteers)
- escorting and transporting residents to/from weekly church services/hymn sings within the building
- assisting in the office with filing, shredding, collating, mailings, etc.
- planting flowers and/or adopting a flower bed for the summer