About Woodhaven Retirement Community
- 1987 – Finished and opened $3,300,000 assisted living facility
- 1991 – Opened Michigan’s first Adult Day program open 5:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. seven days a week
- 1994 – Developed and completed a $600,000 renovation/expansion creating the area’s first secured Alzheimer’s center
- 1999 – Developed and opened a $4,100,000 congregate living facility, with a la carte services, as needed
- 2002 – Created and renovated assisted living to include 32 person skilled nursing and rehabilitation center
- 2008 – Completed $4,000,000 renovation/expansion, subdividing Woodhaven campus into four 30 person neighborhoods
- 2016 – Developed and opened $1,600,000 assisted living/independent living satellite facility in Bay City, MI
- 2018 – Completed construction of $5,000,000 renovation/expansion creating larger therapy space and private rooms
- 2021 – Converted 32 skilled nursing and rehabilitation beds to licensed luxury living and long term care.
As often as possible, Woodhaven staff are assigned to the same residents each time they work. This consistency helps the employees:
- Build strong, trusting relationships with our residents
- Makes residents feel more comfortable and secure
- Provide better quality of care for each resident
- Ensure each resident receives the attention needed daily
- Establishes friendly, long-lasting relationships with family members
Our Executive Director, Randy Gasser, has been leading the Woodhaven community for over 35 years. Management keeps an open-door policy, so that suggestions, questions, or other issues can be quickly and easily resolved to everyone’s satisfaction.
The Apostolic Christian Churches of Alto, Bay City, Livonia, Michigan and Toledo, Ohio sponsor Woodhaven. These churches provide:
- Board leadership
- Volunteer services
- Financial support
As a faith-based corporation, Woodhaven offers many opportunities to praise and honor God through:
- Vesper services
- Hymn sings
- Bible studies.
Residents also benefit from day trips, themed parties, exercise classes, games, and a variety of outdoor entertainment.